Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ironman Wisconsin - The Journey Part 2


Dear Readers,

With just under 37 weeks to the Ironman I thought I would post another update. Training programs are beginning. I do not plan on paying for a training group, rather do a program on my own. I have one picked out that's a 34 week program, and starts mid-January. Doing it on my own is what's best for me so i can modify to fit my 2011 racing schedule.

Though still subject to change here is what I'm looking at in 2011 for races:
1/30 Miami Marathon
4/18 Boston Marathon
5/20 American Triple T - Super Sprint Tri
5/21 AM: American Triple T - Olympic Tri
5/21 PM: American Triple T - Olympic Tri
5/22: American Triple T - Half Ironman
5/31: Vermont City Marathon
9/11: THE IRONMAN
TBD: Winter Marathon

These races put me at 386.34 miles raced. Which- with my goal in 2011 to raise $11 per mile raced, it means i have to raise $4,249.74.

Now- it would be in my best interest to have another Half Ironman in July or August for training purposes of the Ironman. In order to add that in the schedule I NEED YOUR HELP.

Because I vowed to raise $11 per mile raced, I have to raise approximately $800 more in order to add another half ironman.

Visit my Team DetermiNaiton page at : http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/DetermiNation/DNFY11IL?px=4909726&pg=personal&fr_id=35207

If I can get enough money raised in the first half of 2011, I'll add another Half Ironman to better my Journey.

Thanks!

Tara

**Please note it mentions i'm raising money for the Chicago Marathon, that's because I want the funds I raise to be recognized for Team DetermiNation Chicago rather than the National Level- it all goes to the same place, but I want Chicago to have the recognition since it's those in Chicago who inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment